One of the primary demands of NGOs is the establishment of transparent supply chains and credible communication to all stakeholder groups that the supply companies involved operate sustainably. Solutions such as the MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® label offer optimum assistance in communicating with end consumers in this regard. However, many companies wish to assess their own supply chain as a first step and control the firms involved in a systematic way. In MySTeP, you get a free tool that lets you centrally manage your supply relationships and actively communicate within your supply chain regarding the environmental and social conditions in their production facilities and the safety of their products and the chemicals used.
What you need to know about MySTeP by OEKO-TEX®.
MySTeP by OEKO-TEX® is a database that makes it easier for you to manage and evaluate your supply chain. The database can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The MySTeP database provides registered partners with a wide variety of options, including:
- A graphical map of the textile supply chains of brands, retailers and manufacturers
- The OEKO-TEX® IT tool for managing existing STANDARD 100 and STeP by OEKO-TEX® certificates
- Targeted evaluations based on the data from the STeP by OEKO-TEX® system
- Statistical analyses and evaluations of key performance indicators (KPIs) from the supply chain
MyStep by OEKO-TEX® is a database for brands, retailers and manufacturers that wish to manage their own supply chain with efficiency and clarity in relation to issues of sustainability, regardless of whether they have OEKO-TEX® certification.
Every MySTeP database user has a custom display that relates to their supply chain. Each individual supplier chooses the scope of the data that they make available to purchasers and whether these purchasers are able to forward selected data to their customers.
They can release the following data for display:
- The type of facility (e.g. a spinning mill, weaving mill, finisher or manufacturer of ready-made clothing)
- STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certification
- The expiry date of the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certificate
- The product description on the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certificate
- Sustainability achievements based on the STeP by OEKO-TEX® points system
- The details of STeP by OEKO-TEX® test reports
- Address information
The database users decide themselves which data is released. OEKO-TEX® deploys the latest standards of technology to protect data. You can find more information about data protection and the release of data in the conditions of use.
A KPI is a value that can be used to measure performance and assess the extent to which certain objectives are achieved. In the MySTeP dashboard, users can set specific targets for their supply chain (for instance, for water consumption, wastewater limit values or CO2 emissions) and then compare their performance with these targets.
MySTeP is a management tool that is available to any company that wishes to manage their supply chain and make it more transparent, regardless of whether they have OEKO-TEX® certification.
- Access the MySTeP database from anywhere in the world
- MySTeP lets you graphically map and view your value creation chain
- Compare and benchmark your suppliers/producers and their performance
- Verify, evaluate and select your suppliers based on specific sustainability targets
- Improve risk assessments and promote sustainable sourcing through transparent supply chain management
- Get online information about the current status of your certifications and notification if any extensions are required